Central Boys Soccer 2017-2018
This we believe
If you honor and respect these three team rules then we shouldn't have any distractions with regard to your participation in our soccer program.
1. You should be familiar with the student code of conduct at
2. Treat others the same way you want to be treated. This is RESPECT.
3. Don’t do anything that will embarrass yourself, your family, your school, or the soccer program. This is PRIDE.
I firmly believe that high school athletics contributes in developing and strengthening the character of an individual. But before such development can take place, one must possess a set of values based on standards and beliefs. These attributes are demonstrated on and off the field and prior, during and after the season has ended. I believe that there is a right way to play soccer and a wrong way to play the game. Your behavior reflects on your teammates, the coaching staff, and your school and when this behavior is unacceptable, you are committing an injustice to the soccer program. I expect from you your best, on and off the field.
The expectation is that you will attend every practice. If you miss a practice, you miss time in a game. The amount of time is determined by the coaching staff and nature of absence.
Soccer is a team sport and I believe that a team is only as good as the amount of effort the players and coaching staff put into each training session. At all times, I expect from you your best effort. I believe one learns through trial and continuous revision of their mistakes. I believe players establish habits and then habits establish players. Develop good habits! Each player must come to training motivated to learn and work. This is DESIRE.
I ask that you have confidence in yourself and your teammates. Never underestimate your ability and never quit on yourself or your team. I ask that you believe and respect the game that you play and benefit from the experience of being a team member. I ask that you believe your coaches and perform that which is expected from you on and off the field. Our success must be a collective effort.
CENTRAL HIGH BOYS SOCCER TEAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. All players will treat officials and opponents with dignity and respect.
2. All players regardless of ability and/or playing time are equal members of the team. Each and every player will treat all teammates with acceptance, respect, and friendship.
3. All players will provide maximum effort in practice and games.
4. Attendance at all practices, team meeting, and games is mandatory. While injured players may be unable to play, but they are still expected to arrive on time, listen to coaches, and encourage teammates and assist the team.
5. In very rare situations players may be excused from games and/or practices. When this occurs, players are responsible for informing the coach verbally, in person. After that through a phone call or meeting at the earliest time possible.
6. When players miss practice and/or games, playing time in future games may be affected and rostering.
7. Unexcused absences are absences in which the coach was not informed in the manner described above. And/or the reason was for the absence is not satisfactory. An unexcused absence from practice and/or games will result in the suspension of the player from the next game in which the player is eligible to play.
8. Players are to be on time for all practices and games. Tardiness may affect playing times in games. Chronic lateness may result in suspension of the player.
9. Players are expected to directly seek understanding and resolution when questions or problems arise with coaches and teammates.
10. Players will conduct their personal lives in a manner that brings honor to themselves and the team. This includes school performances, self-respect, healthy behaviors and social responsibilities.
11. Players understand that playing time is the decision of the coach not that of the player. The Central High School Coaching Staff will make the determination as to who will play. Playing time will not be discussed, this is non-negotiable.
1. Parents will treat players, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect and dignity.
2. All comments by parents and their guest from the sidelines will be encouraging and/or complimentary. Parents and guests will refrain from making comments about players’ mistakes or errors.
3. Parents will refrain from making derogatory comments to referees at any time.
4. Coaching soccer is to be done only by the coaching staff. Parents agree to refrain from coaching or directing their child or other players during all games and practices.
5. Parents will discuss players and/or team concerns and problems directly with the coaching staff. These discussions will not take place right before or after a game. A meeting will be scheduled. During the meeting, playing time will not be discussed. It’s the eleven players that work the best together!
6. Parents will support coaches and encourage their athletes to do the same.
7. Parents will participate in the raising of monies needed to sustain the needs of the soccer program, regardless of the amount of playing time given.
8. Parents understand that playing time of their son will not be an issue to be discussed. Parents will respect the philosophies that the team has: Team above Self. We will do what is best for the team.
PRE-GAME AND GAME
I expect each player to have the attitude of coming to play for each game. Pre-game warm-up, game, bench, and post-game conduct are considered to be of vital importance. Remember:
1. It is your responsibility to play the game. You are not a rules interpreter and improper conduct towards an official will not be tolerated
2. Purposeful, attentive, and enthusiastic pre-game warm-up be conducted
3. Home Games will be required for you to dress in appropriate attire (to be discussed in meeting)
4. I expect hard competitive play during the course of a game. Soccer is a contact sport and I expect each player to use wise and proper judgment
5. Players on the bench be tuned into the game. Pay attention to performance of the player that you might be replacing. Active participation in an acceptable way by the bench personnel is expected. All player equipment stays on until the conclusion of the game.
6. That a win be accepted with humility and a loss with dignity and purpose. Both a win and a loss can serve as a learning experience.
7. That the bench area be cleaned after each game. We represent Central High School!
TEAM AND SCHOOL POLICIES
The success of any athletic program depends upon each individual understanding and adhering to the policies established by the C.I.F, Central Athletic Program Department, and the rules established by the Coaching Staff.
1. The behavioral expectations included in the student code of conduct and expressed in this document.
2. Proper sportsmanship exhibited by all
3. Open dialogue is encouraged between the student-athlete and coaching staff.
4. If you are going to miss practice on a particular day then you should notify your coach in advance.
a. Head Coach Martin 559.331.5031
b. Assistant Coach Odabashian 559.970.0210
c. Assistant Coach Clark 559-259-7805
STUDENT FIRST, ATHLETE SECOND
You attend Central High School to receive an education and achieve academic success. During the season your priorities are family, academics, and soccer. I don’t believe that an individual’s participation in a sport should adversely affect their grades. Time management is usually the culprit. Learn to cope with a busy schedule and organize your time can serve as valuable lesson. For those of you that need help seek it, we are here to help.
Code of Conduct
I accept and agree to abide by the rules outlines in this document:
Player: ______________________ Coach:______________________